As technology development on renewable energy increases due to global warming and diversification of energy, use of biogas produced from organic wastes increases; biogas does not destroy environment and is more economical than other renewable energy sources. KOGAS-Tech develops the domestic technology for biogas pre-treatment and upgrading and operates research to enhance biogas plant EPC(Engineering, Procurement and Construction) and O&M(Operation & Maintenance) projects for the future biogas plant.
Developing Biogas Pre-Treatment and Upgrading Technology in Korean Environment
- Domestic technology for biogas pre-treatment and upgrading, suitable for organic waste resource treatment environment in Korea. It is a plant technology to meet the quality standard for city gas supply and vehicle fuel supply and to supply energy to various uses.
- Designing biogas plant optimization and developing advanced technologies to meet various biomass conditions and to increase efficiency
Accomplished Biogas Pre-Treatment Processing Design Technology
- Completed development of biogas upgrading process using PSA(Pressure Swing Adsorption) that separates CO2 through adsorption and desorption by Δp using adsorbents such as CMS(Carbon Molecular Sieve) and Zeolite
- Completed development of biogas upgrading process technology using membrane type that seperates each gas using the differences of permeability
Biogas-Applying Plant Demonstration
- Plant demonstration for biomethane production(220㎥/hr) by treating food waste(80 tons/day)